Thanks to Domer Law for writing the questions for this week's Irish Blogger Gathering.
1. After 3 straight losses, there appear to be two camps of fans: A. The sky is falling. Coach Kelly is not a good coach, not a good fit, probably won't ever win a game and should be fired today. B. Coach Kelly is still totally awesome, and you had to expect some bumps and bruises as he builds the team - remember Holtz's first year? Which camp do you fall into, and why?
2. With the current state of the program, put yourself in a recruit's shoes. If you had offers from all 12 schools on our schedule and Notre Dame, which would you pick right now and why? Who would your top 3 be?
3. What's the trajectory of this season? Is this going to spiral downward into a 2007-esque kind of year, or will the team rally and start winning some game against quality opponents?
4. Give me your top 5 reasons why you'd rather go to Notre Dame than Backup College.
5. Our Irish Studies department is ranked #1 nationally. In true Backup College fashion, theirs is #2.
4. Would you rather be Michael or Fredo Corleone? That's what I thought...
3. I heart parietals.
2. There's only room for one real Catholic school in the FBS.
1. We are ND... and they're not.
5. I'm depressed after our third straight loss. Do your best to cheer me up and convince me that I should still be excited about this weekend's game.
TheNDleprechaun: Nothing cheers me up when I'm down like beating up my little brother. ND gets a chance to do that on Saturday, and we get to watch.
6. If you could ask Coach Kelly any one question, what would it be?
TheNDleprechaun: As an Irish Catholic from Boston, what will a win for your Notre Dame Fighting Irish over the only other Catholic school in D1-A football (which also happens to be located in Boston) mean to you?